1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow Mouse Speeds on Client Machine

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dubious, Nov 10, 2021.

1. dubious

dubious New Member

I have 2 Windows 10 machines. The server has my pointer speeds ramped all the way up to maximum in the settings:
    Mouse Properties > Pointer Options

The host machine has a 3440x1440 widescreen display. The client machine is a dual monitor setup. One laptop screen and one 3440x1440 monitor (set as primary).

In Across Center, in the Client Device Settings, bluetooth tab, I have "Relative Coordinate Mouse" selected. It is the only option that allows me to control the mouse across both screens of the client. The mouse on the client machine seems to move at around 25% of the speed of the mouse on the server machine. This is with the windows settings for the pointer speed ramped up to maximum. If I uncheck "Enhance pointer precision" it seems to increase speeds maybe 10% but then it becomes difficult to control the mouse.

If I select either of the "Absolute Coordinate" choices I can only move the mouse into the monitor of the client machine, but not the laptop screen. The Screen Resolution setting in Across's Client Device Settings is locked down to 3440x1440 and grayed out, which seems to exclude the laptop screen which is positioned beneath it. When I use this setting, the mouse is a lot faster than when it's set to "Relative Coordinate Mouse", but still about 50% of the speed I see on the host machine.

I'm wondering if there is a way to control the DPI setting on the emulated bluetooth mouse to allow for faster mouse speeds. Or some other way to ramp things up. I'd even settle for some third party utility or tweak on the client. I tried tweaking the registry but that didn't help. Right now the mouse is just too slow on the client. Anything I can do to make this work?

Attached Files:

2. dubious

dubious New Member

UPDATE:
    I discovered a partial cause / fix. The option "Resample Bluetooth reports" was checked. I guess I turned it on and didn't notice it made it worse. With that unselected, the pointer speed increased somewhat. Now the "relative coordinate mouse" setting is about 50% of the host machine. And the "absolute" settings match the host, although I still cannot access the second display in the dual-display configuration on the client.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
  3. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, dubious,

The "Absolute Coordinate" modes don't support multi-monitor and so they only work in the main screen. You have to use the "Relative Coordinate Mouse" mode for multi-monitor.

Regarding the option "Resample Bluetooth reports", please refer to our manual: http://www.acrosscenter.com/manual/control
    You can adjust the mouse cursor speed on a client device by its native adjustment. For example, on Windows, you can adjust the mouse cursor speed in "Control Panel" > "Mouse" > "Cursor Speed".

Hope it helps.
    Thank you.

4. dubious

dubious New Member

Thanks. I had already disabled the resampling and setup relative coordinates. I still see a slowdown in the mouse on the client machine, but I can live with it I guess. I have both the client and server mouse cursor speeds set to max. I also have both set to enhance pointer precision, as without that it's impossible to check checkboxes. I'm wondering if maybe that setting is applied 2x on the client, and that's the reason for the slower speeds. Just a hunch. Also strange is that it doesn't seem to happen every time I run the program, although more often than not the client machine pointer speed is slower.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  5. dubious

dubious New Member

OK so confirmed. My mouse was moving pretty quick when I wrote my last message. Now it's half the speed it should be on the client. I should take a video or something. It's clearly getting misconfigured by itself somehow. This only happens to me? Is there a way to sort of re-start the processes without taking it down permanently and requiring a reboot?

update from an hour later - now speeds are pretty quick again. it makes no sense. I changed nothing. maybe I need a new bluetooth adapter or something.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021