1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pairing success but no connection

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by phishie, Feb 22, 2017.

1. phishie

phishie New Member

I'm able to pair my server desktop keyboard and mouse (Win 10) with my client laptop (Win 7) through Across Center (and assign to a layout position) but after that my client laptop is always grayed out in my Across Center Server. The Client Device Properties also says "Connection Status: [HID] Not connected [RFCOMM] Not connected".

I've tried a lot of things but can't figure out how to resolve this. I've made sure I have the Microsoft stack, I've removed the WDICOM software, and I've restarted many times.

Any help or advice to troubleshoot and fix this would be appreciated.

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in our across. :)

1. In across client PC, see if the paired across server PC is listed in the available across servers list by right-click on the system tray icon and then click on "Select an Across Server"-item from the popup menu. The paired across server PC must be listed in the list.

2. Have you tried to pair them again? If not, please try to pair them again after removing BT pairing in both PCs.

3. If re-pairing would not fix the issue, please try the following in the across client PC:
    A. Open "Control Panel", click "Devices and Printers", right-click the paired across server PC (whose icon may be keyboard) and then click "Properties" from the popup menu.
    B. In the properties dialog, choose "Services" tab and see if "Drivers for keyboard, mice, etc (HID)" item is checked. If it is not checked, please check it and click "Apply" button. For your reference, "... Across RFCOMM" item should not be checked.
    C. Now see if the across server PC is listed in the available across servers list.​

Hope it helps.

3. phishie

phishie New Member

Thanks for the reply!

1. No servers are listed on the client laptop even though it successfully finds and pairs with the server PC (which shows as a keyboard).
    2. I've unpaired them and re-paired them probably 6-8 times.
    3. When I open the Services tab there is a processing (spinning) icon for a minute then nothing appears in the tab.

If it helps, this is the bluetooth dongle I have on my server PC (which shows the Microsoft stack as instructed in your FAQ):
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009ZIILLI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I should note that I have successfully used the client laptop with across center in the past. I've used it as the server with my MS Surface Pro 4 as the client.

4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

5. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

After updating the driver, please try to repair them after removing BT pairing in both PCs.

6. phishie

phishie New Member

Thank you, I tried that but there is no "Generic Bluetooth Adapter" available under "Let Me Pick from a List of Device Drivers on My Computer". Only one is available is "Broadcom BCM20702 Bluetooth 4.0 USB Device".

7. phishie

phishie New Member

8. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

OK, keep updating the driver with it and then try to pair them again.

I have a BT dongle using the same chipset that works fine in my Win10 PC.

9. phishie

phishie New Member

OK I've installed those drivers, restarted, and re-paired. Again no server shows on the client machine and when I go to bluetooth devices on my client machine and open Properties->Services nothing is listed.

10. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Have you tried to pair other device (phone or tabletpc) than your laptop with the across server PC?

11. phishie

phishie New Member

Not yet but I could try my MS Surface. What would be the next steps if we assumed it worked with my MS Surface?

12. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

13. phishie

phishie New Member

14. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

If the BT dongle would work well with your Surface, I think the BT chip in your laptop may have old technology and then have a problem in connecting to the BT dongle.

I recommend you to purchase another BT dongle that have a Bluetooth 2.1 or 3.0 chipset (CSR chipset preferred to a Broadcom chipset). And you can try one of the following:
    1) Use the new dongle in Win10 PC instead of the current one.
    2) Use the new dongle in laptop instead of the builtin BT adapter.

Sorry about not fixing your problem.

15. phishie

phishie New Member

OK, yeah unfortunately this PC is my only device without built-in BT, hence why I bought this dongle.

Can you recommend a dongle?

16. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

17. phishie

phishie New Member

Will report back once I try it.

18. phishie

phishie New Member

No luck with that device either.

All the same discussed before is still true.

For some reason this device keeps appearing in Device Manager even after I uninstall it:
    upload_2017-2-24_14-28-34.png

19. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

In Device Manager, please uninstall both "Broadcom BCM20702 ..." and "Generic Bluetooth Radio" by right-click on it and click on "Uninstall" from the popup menu, and Bluetooth category will disappear. Next unplug the BT dongle and plug it again. Then it should work.

By the way, have you tested if your Surface work well with your desktop PC?