1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[macOS] Can't Access License Manager

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by Amadeus, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Amadeus

Amadeus Member

I updated to 2.11a on macOS and now I can't activate my app

upload_2020-4-14_13-6-56.png
    License manager is also disabled under the help menu. Please help, I can't get back up and running atm...

2. Amadeus

Amadeus Member

follow up screenshot of the license manager being inaccessible upload_2020-4-14_13-19-50.png

3. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, Amadeus,

I am afraid you would forget the following setting mentioned in our manual:
    ===
    macOS 10.14 and later: macOS added a new security mechanism to prevent an app from controlling another app without the user’s consent. That is, you are able to register an app explicitly as an exception in the allowed list from ‘System Preferences’. To do this, please follow the steps below:
    1. Open ‘System Preferences’, and go to ‘Security & Privacy’ and ‘Privacy’-tab. Click on the lock icon on the bottom left corner and enter password.
    2. For keyboard/mouse share, choose ‘Accessibility’ from the left-pane, and then add /Applications/Across/Across Center.app to the right list.
    3. For file access from paired devices, choose ‘Full Disk Access’ from the left-pane, and then add /Applications/Across/Across Center.app to the right list.

4. Amadeus

Amadeus Member

Oh that fixed it, thanks!

However now I have the problem where pairing appears broken. My PC never detects my macOS server now.

5. Amadeus

Amadeus Member

Nevermind, I figured out the issue. Apparently the antennas I removed on the back of my PC were for bluetooth, not wifi lol

6. caique guerra

caique guerra New Member

Hi, I have the same problem but on a windows PC.
    and I got my license only 2 days ago

Windows 10
    bluetooth via usb adapter

edit:
    Ok, restarting the pc fixed the issue for now.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  7. SKnight79

SKnight79 New Member

If you are on Mac to Mac you gotta do this on each Mac. I figured this the hard way trying to get it to work via Network only connection. Perhaps a note on the installation page for Mac users would help others that are stuck and might consider refunding prematurely.

8. Greg

Greg New Member

I cannot access the license manager or any settings after updating to Mac OS Monterey. I confirmed I have accessibility and full disk access enabled for the across server.

I just purchased a license for Mac OS today and cannot enter it because of this issue.

9. sarimarton

sarimarton Member

I have the same issue. After upgrading to Mac OS Monterey, with accessibility+full disk access permission granted, I can't access the licence manager.

10. carsol

carsol New Member

I also have the same issue after upgrading to MacOS Monterey with accessibility+full disk access permission granted.

11. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

We will look into the problem and try to release the next version of across fixing the issue as soon as possible.
    Thanks in advance for your patience. ;)

12. sarimarton

sarimarton Member

Hello,

Any ETA for this? The issue is quite visible, and from a first sight, not too mysterius... The app itself disables features. I can't even switch off auto-starting Across Center, because the Configuration/Autostart... menu items are disabled as well. I have a lifetime license, it's quite annoying that for that, I have an app which disables itself.

13. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

We have finished most of them except the file drag-and-drop in Linux and fixed the fullscreen operation for screen sharing additionally. For the macOS Monterey issue, we will try to release the next version at the earliest (within a couple of weeks or so) without the file drag-and-drop in Linux.
    Thank you.

14. Igor

Igor New Member

Hi Seungjin,

Thanks for the update. And I certainly hope that you will also extend the yearly licenses for people that are unable to use the app while it's being fixed

15. Charles Lee

Charles Lee New Member

:( I just bought the lifetime license, and found out there is nowhere to enter the license on MacBook Pro! Hope this will be fixed quickly.

16. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Please understand that we cannot release an update to meet a new OS version, especially macOS, from day-1. You would know that the 1st public release of macOS usually have many bugs. I don't install the first release of a new macOS and usually update my Mac after about 6 months after the new OS release.

If we have enough spare time, we could develop our SW on OS beta versions. But if you'd lose your precious time due to OS bugs, you would not want to do that any more. :rolleyes:

17. Orvar

Orvar New Member

OMG!
    How can a OS upgrade prevent a menu item to be shown?
    The problem is not that the app is not working I guess ... it is just that it refuses to acknowledge a valid licence or let you enter a licence.

As someone else said quite annoying with an app that disables itself .. even more so when you have a valid licence .. ticking.
    @Charles Lee yes I would expect you to develop using MacOSX Betas .. or else make your licence manager a bit more lenient so it rather than preventing everyone including valid licence holders, lets everyone use the app, when and if you can't keep up with Apple.
    At least that is my view from a paying customer perspective.. this is not good for your customer relations.

18. Orvar

Orvar New Member

Hi again wanted to share some experiences on this..

I have uninstalled across multiple times (and removed ALL data) ..
    But when I rebooted my Mac it opened the licence manager (!!) to ell me that my licence had expired.
    But there is no way for me to change licence and enter my new one.. how do I do that?
    And why does it remember my old licence when I have uninstalled it and removed all settings completely?

I think this whole problem has noting to do with upgrading MacOS .. it is a problem with the across licence manager ..

upload_2021-11-21_16-11-3.png

19. nicjones

nicjones New Member

As a software company that is not giving away shareware, or freeware, you have to do some quality control when the OS's you claim to support come out with new versions. Your marketing page still says "macOS 10.7 or later". If the company is bold enough to claim "or later", then yes, you should be, at the very least, testing on new OS releases. No, you won't have a fix on day one of the release, but you can't wait around for the community to tell you what's wrong with your product. This isn't a small bug. It's flat out broken now.

How hard would it have been to email all customers: "Hey, by the way, that major OS release that Apple is going to really encourage you to download and install? If you do, Across Center won't work for some time until we work out the bugs." Now you have customers who's very use-case of using your product involves Macs who have paid for a product that is now a brick.

It's been almost four weeks since macOS 12.0 (now 12.0.1). Please fix now.

20. Igor

Igor New Member

As a developer myself, I agree about the bugs. But this is why MacOS (and virtually any other OS) have many betas and release candidates before what you call "day 1". So in this case, as an end user, I disagree 100% - your app should work with the new version, considering the download section still says "macOS 10.7 or later".

I just downloaded the new version from the 25th of November, and it's still broken. "License Needed" message.