1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For android client

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Aleksandr2008, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Aleksandr2008

Aleksandr2008 New Member

After initial setup, i always use three taps to enable across, first tap on app, second tap to Operation button, third to Home software button.

And four taps to close across, one tap on app, second tap on Operation button, third tap on No "Do you want to turn Bluetooth too", fourth tap on Home software button.

Is it possible to use two app icons? one for setup across ( just like current app ), and second icon to enable / disable Across ( no app is shown, used settings from current app )

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hey Aleksandr,

I think you may be finding the across widget. Please find it in the manual: http://www.acrosscenter.com/manual/ui-overview-android.
    Definitely it is possible. The first is just the app icon and the second is the across widget which turns on/off the operation of across client. The app icon labelled with "2" is not the app icon but actually the across widget. Additionally you can add the app icon into homescreen like any other android app.

Please refer to this site (http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/skp/faq/1057750) about the android widget.

I hope it helps. ;)

3. Aleksandr2008

Aleksandr2008 New Member

Thanks, it helps a lot.
    Just one tap to enable Across, but still two taps to disable, because keeps asking about
    "Do you want to turn Bluetooth too?" Is it possible to disable such message?

4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Whether to ask the confirmation depends on whether other Bluetooth devices than Across Server are paired in your Android device. Let's suppose that a Bluetooth headset is paired with your Android device. Across app is unable to know if the headset is being used or not, and then it needs your confirmation. So if you remove other Bluetooth devices than Across Server, the confirmation message will not appear.

More correctly, Android OS doesn't allow an app to know whether a Bluetooth device is connected or not, to determine whether it is being used. So we need the confirmation.