1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows - client disconnect and 13/15 errors

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by Sal, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Sal

Sal New Member

Across server throws 13-15 errors, can be brute forced through if I keep clicking pair fast enough. On successful pair with client client will disconnect leaving server still thinking it's paired.

I have tried everything. It seems to work fine when connecting to my android phone.

It also worked perfectly for the first day. Already spoiled by the functionality it gives me.

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

3. Sal

Sal New Member

Hey thanks for the quick reply. The article doesn't seem too clear on which bluetooth drivers i should replace for what.

Here are the list of available bt drivers for client and server
    Server:
    Bluetooth HID Emulator 1- 5
    Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator
    Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator
    Realtek Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter

I can update realtek manually and give it a generic driver, but the others don't seem to have this option. When realtek has generic my server is not seeable.

Client:
    ( microsoft surface pro 3)

Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter
    Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator
    Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator

I've gotten to the point where the client wont disconnect, but will just continue saying paired. I will use connect with the server but it will remain faded in across center

Additional Error : 13

4. Sal

Sal New Member

I went ahead and took a screenshot of what i thought would be some relevant things on the device manager.

For both the Marvell and realtek adapters i can make them generic, but it doesn't seem to change much. Again, this appears to work when i use my android phone, but i have no luck with connecting my tablet to it. What's very weird is that it worked perfectly out-of-the-box, but suddenly stopped working. Both of these computers are intel as well.

Attached Files:

5. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Okay. I think it's not a driver issue. Please keep the Realtek and Marvell drivers.

Please remove all Bluetooth pairing in both Across Server and Client, and then pair the problematic computers only and see how they work. If they work well, pair your Android device. Normally there is no mandatory pairing sequence though.

6. Sal

Sal New Member

I have done this and there doesn't seem much of a change. Each computer pairs with my android device seperately, but they simply won't work together.

7. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi Sal,

After pairing both devices, please check if the BT HID service is enabled in only your across client device (Surface) by following the below steps:

1. Open "Control Panel", and go to "Hardware and Sound > View devices and printers" for Category-view (go to "Devices and Printers" for icon-view).

2. Choose the device icon having the name of your across server computer and right-click it. Click "Properties" from the popup menu. Properties window will appear.

3. Go to "Services"-tab and check if "Drivers for keyboard, mice. etc (HID)" is checked. If it is not checked, please check it and click "Apply"-button. For your reference, you don't have to check the RFCOMM service item.

That's it. If the HID service item was not checked, please test whether across works properly.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  8. Aleksandr2008

Aleksandr2008 New Member

For me helps to end pairing process not in acrosscenter, but in windows bluetooth settings.

Initiate pairing in across center, start search device on client, if i pair in acrosscenter, then device could not connect later, but if instead I using bluetooth settings, then later connection is fine.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016