1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluetooth disconect/reconnect issiue OS X El Capitan/Windows 10

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Kiril Daskalov, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Kiril Daskalov

Kiril Daskalov New Member

Hi, I use Across Center on OS X El Capitan as server and Win 10 on ThinkPad R61 as client. Often when Windows or OS X go to sleep there bluetooth connection is constantly connecting and disconnecting when Across Center is Enabled on OS X. I try several times set Client Devices Layout and Pair/UnPair devices and eventually it start working correctly.

- I tried turn on/of bluetooth on both PC and MAC doesn't work
    - I tried different bluetooth drivers on PC no change

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi Kiril Daskalov,

Please give it a try on your Mac:
    1. Open "System Preferences", click "Bluetooth" and then "Advanced..." in the Bluetooth pane.
    2. Uncheck "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer".

3. natcef

natcef New Member

I've been having the same issue for at least a year or so. The above wake setting does not fix the issue.

More specifically, there seems to be an order that one must follow for Across to work properly: Bluetooth must be enabled in OS X, and then Across must be started. It seems like that whenever Across is started and Bluetooth is not enabled, and Bluetooth is enabled afterwards (regardless of whether Across is restarted or not), the issue will pop up from thereon. As soon as Across is launched again, Bluetooth will keep trying to connect over and over again, losing connection every few seconds, and Across's remote control will no longer function at all.

This is quite annoying and the only workaround seems to be a reboot (or likely a restart of certain processes I do not know at this point).

Host: OS X 10.11.3 (though this also occurred with 10.10).
    Client: Windows 10.

4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi natcef,

Thanks for the detailed description. ;) We'll look into the problems further.