1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not emulating usb keyboard

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by Nandan, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Nandan

Nandan New Member

Hello All,
    I can't seem to find the app to use with my external USB keyboard. The mouse and the built-in keyboard of the laptop are working fine. I am edging over to purchase this great application but need this to be sorted out. I am using the server on a Linux machine and just want to share its keyboard/mouse with my iPad. Any suggestions are welcome.

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, Nandan,

It looks strange. It should work for any USB keyboard.

Please put the result of evtest:
    1. Install the evtest package if not available (e.g., sudo apt-get install evtest) and run "sudo evtest" in a Terminal.
    2. It will request you to choose a number for a device to test. Enter the number for your USB keyboard.
    3. Put the results of evtest command in your reply.

Thanks.

3. Nandan

Nandan New Member

Hi Seungjin,

Thanks for the reply.
    I have attached the file containing the output of evtest of my USB (GIGABYTE) Keyboard.
    I have also tested 'Across Virtual Keyboard1' device with evtest and found that it did not register the key pressing of the USB keyboard but does the same for my laptop's keyboard.

Best,
    Nandan

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Thanks, Nandan,

I have never seen a keyboard that doesn't have LEDs except your USB keyboard. :rolleyes: How do you check your keyboard Lock-keys (caps, numlock) status?

I will fix the issue in the next version release.

Thanks for your report.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  5. Nandan

Nandan New Member

Thanks Seungjin, and to add, I have the LEDs on my USB keyboard. :confused: They are blue in color. Anyway, waiting for the next release. :) Thanks again.

6. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

The difference between the built-in kbd and your usb keyboard is:
    build-in kbd
    usb kbd
    usb kbd doesn't have LEDs.

7. Nandan

Nandan New Member

Maybe the LEDs are configured in these devices:

Code:
    /dev/input/event9:   E-Signal GIGABYTE Keyboard
    /dev/input/event10:  E-Signal GIGABYTE Keyboard System Control
    /dev/input/event11:  E-Signal GIGABYTE Keyboard Consumer Control

8. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

You can try to find LEDs by doing evtest with each device index number. BTW, does your keyboard capslock LED blink with the capslock key press?