1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jerky mouse movement when connected to multiple devices

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by Jeremy, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy New Member

This seems to be an issue with devices of varying resolutions.

I have across server running on an intel big sur MacBook air and am controlling:
    1) older macbook air running High Sierra and across client.
    2) iPhone SE 2020
    3) iPad mini (latest)

Issue scenario 1:
    If I connect 1 and 2 and allow mouse dragging for both, the mouse movement is very slow and choppy on the MacBook. If I change the iPhone to disable mouse dragging things work fine.
    If 1 and 3 the issue is not present.

Issue scenario 2:
    If I connect 1, 2, and 3. The performance against the iPad and the MacBook are good, but the mouse movement is slow and jerky against the iPhone.

In both of the above cases, I am set to relative coordinate mouse. I have also attempted switching to absolute coordinate, but then get no movement on either the iPhone or iPad if I have them set to absolute.

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, Jeremy,

Please understand that one obvious symptom on an Apple device is that Bluetooth is unstable since macOS 10.13 High Sierra.

We have no solution on the issues but will keep verifying across source codes as to not have any logical errors.
    Anyway, thanks for your feedback.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  3. Jeremy

Jeremy New Member

Can one across server be a client to another? For my purposes it would work just as well if the 2nd mac (currently client) were the server for the iPhone/ipad.

4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Though every computer can be a client of an across Server, across does not support Server & Client at the same time. It means your across Server can't work as across Client.
    Cheers