1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guess what?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seungjin Lee, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

[​IMG]

Just screen mirroring? :rolleyes: no. much better.
    Looks cool? :D

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

OK. It's time to port the newly added part to Windows and macOS. It must not take long time because 95% of the codes are just portable to almost every OS! :D

3. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

[​IMG]

We can control iPhone/iPad/Mac/android device like Remote Desktop of Windows in a PC and Mac, with its keyboard and mouse. Also, I can control my iPad with PC's touchscreen! :) I'm not sure we can do it for an android device, but it must be done.

5. zzzyyy

zzzyyy New Member

do you know sth about zzzyyy similar feature

6. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Thanks for the info, but I don't need to check because across will be playing in much higher level.... alone! ;)

7. Sariel1

Sariel1 New Member

How can one enable this feature?

8. Sariel1

Sariel1 New Member

Does the computers mouse cursor get catched in one of those windows, like it does when controlling an iPad with the current version? So is there still the need to free the cursor with a keyboard shortcut?

And is it possible to just use the computers mouse to type on the onscreen keyboard of the iPad for example?

9. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, Sariel1,
    This is the main feature of the next version of across that will be available soon.

Every computers have the Mouse Cursor and the cursor can hover over the mirror screen windows. Across will redirect mouse inputs to the hovered mirror screen device.

Everything is possible, but we need to implement it and I think I made it.

10. Sariel1

Sariel1 New Member

11. Anuroop

Anuroop New Member

please provide instructions to add iPhone and iPads

12. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hey, Anuroop,

Did you upgrade to the Pro Lifetime version yesterday even without knowing release of new versions and features? :rolleyes: I hope everybody follow your behavior. Great across lover!
    [​IMG]

1. BT pair your iPhone/iPad with your across server computer.
    2. If you search for an Airplay Display device in your iPhone/iPad, it will search your Mac and just click it. Your iPhone/iPad screen will be mirrored to your Mac screen.
    3. If you want to type keys into the mirroring screen, move the mouse cursor over the mirroring screen and type keys. If you want to input mouse, the method is different depending on your iOS version: [iOS9~12] just click the point where you want to [iOS13+/iPadOS] use the keyboard/mouse hotkey to switch input focus between iPhone/iPad and your Mac, back and forth.

13. Anuroop

Anuroop New Member

Yeah I’m a huge fan of across since many years because this is the only application that support over VPN and you are actively fixing all the bugs. Really appreciate your hard work.

I have and will be recommending the software to my friends and colleagues. i’m sure you’ll keep up the good work.

Issue: I can see my Mac in the iPhone Bluetooth section but as soon as I click on it it is unable to connect. I’m seeing the same error message on iPad as well.

14. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Thank you for the warm words. ;)

From my experience, some iOS version + some macOS version combination have the problem. For example, iOS12 + macOS 10.13, iOS12 + macOS 11

What is macOS version and iOS or iPadOS version of yours?

15. Anuroop

Anuroop New Member

iOS 14.4 and macOS 10.13

16. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

macOS 10.13 has the bug after a certain system update (don't know the exact version). You have to know that apple OS's (the definitive example is M1 Mac Bluetooth issues) have many Bluetooth related bugs.
    I hope Apple fix them at the earliest.

FYI, you can use Airplay mirroring even without BT pairing. However for remote control from your Mac, you need BT pairing with your iOS device.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  17. Anuroop

Anuroop New Member

Ok, can you also let me know the process of mirroring an android device to mac. I am able to control it but cannot mirror it.

18. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Have you installed the across Client for android v2.21 on your android device? If not, install it first and you can see how to do mirroring.

19. Anuroop

Anuroop New Member

the screen mirroring section is greyed out but it connected to my iMac server. Please see the screenshot.

Attached Files:

20. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Are u using a Firewall SW? TCP 17100 port must be allowed to open. If you want to use ios device mirroring, "Across Center.app" must be registered as an exception binary as mentioned in the release note, in addition to the TCP 17100.

Also, android device and Mac must be connected to the same wifi.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021