1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPad Lock & Home Key

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by TheConfax, Nov 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. TheConfax

TheConfax New Member

Hi, I'm about to buy this software but I want to clarify some points before the purchase.

1) Lock Key: It works fine on iPad via the multimedia key panel, but I don't seem to find a way to use it directly from the pysical keyboard, while the volume up down etc work fine... (can you provide some sort of code or string associated with the lock key for me to tinker with the keyboard settings?)

2) Home Key: There is no way to make it work, while lots of external iPad bluetooth keyboards have this feature, can it be inplemented? It exist a code/string for it?

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi,
    From the main menu, by checking "Configuration" > "Auto-Lock on..." > "Keyboard Hotkey" or "Mouse Hotkey", you can lock your iPad automatically by the Keyboard or Mouse hotkey during switch back.

"Command(Window) + H" hotkey is for homescreen switch on iOS/iPad.

3. TheConfax

TheConfax New Member

I dont want to lock at switch back but to lock via keyboard, I found a shorcut which is CTRL+CMD+Q, I'm leaving it here for everyone.

For the home i know CMD+H, but i would like to emulate the home key, possibly calling Siri also by keeping it pressed. My old Bluetooth Keyboard had that key, so it definitely can be emulated as some sort of media key, would you maybe look into it?