1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"ADD" button grayed out

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by afitzhugh, Oct 8, 2020.

1. afitzhugh

afitzhugh New Member

Hi there! I'm attempting to try the software, but when I start the control center, I see a little Bluetooth Icon followed by ON. But the add button next to it is grayed out?

This is on Mac OS 10.15.7

Any thoughts?

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

3. afitzhugh

afitzhugh New Member

That worked, thank you! (I didn’t see that on the instructions page)

now a different problem. Once Bluetooth connects the client computer gets all of the mouse and keyboard inputs, and there is no way to switch back to the server computer. The mouse stops at the edge of the client screen. The keyboard hot keys also don’t cause anything to change either?

4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

What's your client computer? If it is a Mac, you have to configure the setting you did in your Mac, in your client Mac, too.
    Otherwise, did you install the Across in your client computer?

5. afitzhugh

afitzhugh New Member

Okay I set that setting, it did nothing, but then I rebooted the client machine, and good to go.

The keyboard hotkey works, its just confusing. When I saw press shift and left/right, I thought it meant literally "shift and the arrow key you want to switch to" versus press both left and right shift keys at the same time. Got it

All is working! Thank you!

One future request, I'm actually using a BT Trackpad as the source, it would be great if it showed up as a trackpad on the destination as well instead of a mouse so that the movement mapped more cleanly.

Thanks again!

6. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Glad to hear that! :)

Yup! We will keep improving trackpad support. Thanks.