1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Across macOS cannot move mouse between computers (one way only)

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by jeglin, Sep 15, 2020.

1. jeglin

jeglin New Member

I've been running Across successfully between a High Sierra desktop (Across server) and a Catalina laptop (Across client) for a good month. Suddenly now, although I can still move my mouse from the desktop to the laptop, I can't move it back. I have to kill BT on the laptop to get the mouse back on the desktop, which defeats the entire purpose. I've removed all devices from BT and reconfigured several times now, and also stopped and started Across on both machines – no luck.

What is the solution?

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi,

Sorry about the problem. For the best support, could you please let me know the first 4 digits of your product key?
    Thanks.

3. jeglin

jeglin New Member

CMMZ

I was able to fix it by rebooting the Catalina laptop. Nothing short of this was able to get it to work. I hope this is a clue. This may not be a bug in Across, but it would be nice if we could troubleshoot this through a log file or something in case I could fix it without rebooting (perhaps restarting a service?). It seems odd that I could go one way (to the client side) but not the other (back to the server side) with the mouse. I saw this behavior once before on a Mojave laptop connected to the same High Sierra desktop. On that one, no rebooting ever fixed it, so I gave up with that laptop.

4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

jeglin, thank you for the answer.