1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server not automatically connecting to client after PC restart?

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by kherge, Jul 4, 2020.

1. kherge

kherge New Member

I love this app and it is incredibly useful.

However, in Server mode (v2.11), my Windows 10 PC (v2004) will not automatically reconnect to my iPad (Pro, 12.9", 3rd Gen). In order to restore the connection, I have to
    1. Open Across Center
    2. Click on my iPad in the Client Devices Layout section
    3. Wait for the icon to no longer be gray
    After I do that, everything works again.

Is this a bug or did I do something incorrectly during setup?

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi,

For across to (re)connect BT automatically, Across Client must run on the client device. As the Across Client for iDevice is not available, you have to (re)connect BT manually by the method you described.

3. kherge

kherge New Member

Please add a setting that will cause Across Server to automatically reconnect to device on startup.

This should be possible since I manually trigger a reconnect in Across Server anyway without touching the client.

4. TheConfax

TheConfax New Member

Has this been implemented? It could be useful to add a feature to ping autoreconnect (say each x seconds) automatically. Could be optional if some users don't want to waste resources on this.

As an example have an iPad which is always at home when my PC is on, so a function like the one above would only run one cycle and could be perfectly efficient.

5. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Not yet. Making a Bluetooth connection is a fairly expensive operation. If a server is trying to an absent client device, it consumes so much CPU and makes wireless glitches that influence all wireless devices including wifi. Agreed that it would be best to try to connect three times only on startup in addition to the existing manual icon click. I will include this feature in the next version.
    Thank you.

6. TheConfax

TheConfax New Member

Thank you very much! Great product!