1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New user: Win10 (19037.1) server, iOS 13 ipad client, pairing issues

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by James P, Apr 11, 2020.

1. James P

James P New Member

I'm a new user trying to set up Across for the first time.

I'm using Across 2.11 on a Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 Pro (OS Build: 19037.1).

I'm trying to pair with an iPad running iOS 13.

In Across Center I click "add". My iPad sees the Bluetooth keyboard appear and I select it. Across asks me to confirm the code - but no code is ever displayed on the iPad.

If I click confirm anyway, the device moves from "other devices" to "my devices" on the iPad and has a spinner to show that it's in the process of pairing. At this point, I also see the iPad show up in the devices list in Windows.

However, that's all. Across eventually times out and tells me that pairing failed. There's no device in the device list in Across

Are there any known issues, or any troubleshooting steps I can try to see why the pairing isn't completing?

2. G C

G C New Member

I am experiencing a similar issue with a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 Pro (Build 18362)

Symptoms are the same except when I attempt to Android Phone running OS Android 9.

If there is more information I can help generate to aid in troubleshooting, please let me know.

EDIT: Here is more information that I hope helps. I re-read the information in the post above and realized my situation is slightly different. Here are the steps that happen (the problem is identical when I try to connect either my android phone or my laptop in client mode to my Surface Pro 3 in server mode):

1. I tried connecting with laptop/android phone in client mode and my Surface Pro in Server mode and had the same issue:
    a. At first after initiating pairing from my Surface Pro 3, it appears to work fine. When I connect through bluetooth on my laptop/android phone, I get matching pairing codes on my Surface Pro 3 & both other devices.
    b. I accept and it appears to pair correctly -> The devices now show up in each others connected devices
    c. However, Across Center pairing on my Surface Pro 3 does not register that a new across device has been connected and times out.
    d. No device is connected.

Please let me know if I can provide more information.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    James P likes this.
  3. James P

James P New Member

Hardware IDs:

Code:
    USB\VID_1286&PID_204C&REV_3201
    USB\VID_1286&PID_204C

4. gtdRR

gtdRR New Member

Same issue here. Both Android phone and tablet just timeout on the AcrossCenter end.

Microsoft Surface Pro 4. Windows 10 Build 18362.778

Bluetooth Adapter: Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter
    Driver: v15.68.17018.116
    Hardware IDs:
    Code:
    USB\VID_1286&PID_204C&REV_3201
    USB\VID_1286&PID_204C