1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mouse switching before it gets to border

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Dan B, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Dan B

Dan B New Member

My server is a 2 screen Windows 10 workstation
    Client is a 2 screen Mac

Sometimes, randomly, my mouse will switch to the client before it gets to the edge of the server. I will be in the middle of the screen and it will switch.

I turned off mouse dragging between devices and it does not happen, so right now I am not using mouse dragging.

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

I think the problem would come from the characteristics of an optical mouse. Inherently an optical mouse can have such erratic movement. You can see many articles like this by googling "optical mouse jump".

3. Dan B

Dan B New Member

That could be the cause, it is a wireless optical mouse, but it doesn't seem to happen if I close across and open it again.

I can't say for certain because it was intermittent and I have turned off the feature. But if there is anything I can do to troubleshoot let me know. Thanks!

4. Dan B

Dan B New Member

Testing the new 1.20 beta this has not changed. My mouse jumped to the second device without being touched.

5. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, Dan B,

Thank you for the test. Actually, the beta version doesn't include any measure for this problem.
    By the way, what mouse mode are you using? Relative mouse mode, absolute mouse mode or absolute touch mode?

6. Dan B

Dan B New Member

I understand, I just thought I would try. I am set to Relative mouse mode. This only happens when I have Moust Dragging turned on and my mouse is on my 2nd monitor (Windows 10). If I turn off mouse dragging it doesn't happen.

I tried to test Absolute mode but it does not seem to be working at the moment (Mac client). Perhaps because I have the beta server installed on Windows.

This is not a big deal for me I just want to make sure I shared! Thanks!

7. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

If mouse dragging is turned on, Across is monitoring whether the cursor is on the boundary of a monitor and whether a hotkey was pressed. Otherwise, it only monitors a hotkey press. So when mouse dragging is enabled and mouse cursor jumps to the boundary of your monitor by a mouse glitch, keyboard/mouse input will switch to your Mac. But, it's just my guess.

Would you please test whether other mouse (wired mouse preferred) would have the same issue?

8. Dan B

Dan B New Member

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to try with another mouse - but one thing to note is that this only happens if I am using dual-monitors on the primary machine. It does not happen if I am just using one monitor (even though mouse dragging is turned on) - everything works perfectly with one monitor.

9. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi Dan B,

You are right. After some code reviews, I have found that the problem you are experiencing would occur.

10. Dan B

Dan B New Member

Great - as I said it's not a big deal for me but glad you found it :) Thanks!!

11. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

In fact, it is a critical problem that could occur in both Across Server and Client on not only Windows but also OSX. Thank you very much for your report.

We have released the official version (ver.1.21) that fixed the problem. Please try it and leave your comments on it. :)

Last edited: May 22, 2016