1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot control from snow leopard to el capitan

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by Michele Gabriele, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Michele Gabriele

Michele Gabriele New Member

Hi,

after long time i upgraded my old imac form snow leopard to last versione allowed for the hardware El Capitan;

i used across from a older macbook air that run snow leopard and cannot be upgraded;

after upgrading i'm tryng to control the imac from the air but i cannot:
    - the app on the imac is added in settings>privacy>accessibility (version 2.08)
    - the app on the air is (version 1.30)
    - in the air i can associate the imac but when i assign the position the imac became grey and it is not usable
    - app on the macbook air is licenced

some suggestions?

Regards

Michele (Italy)

scatto_1.jpg scatto_2.jpg

2. Michele Gabriele

i tried to downgrade across version on imac to have same version on client and on server, and i tried to delete associations to make them again, but now cannot see on the imac the air as keyboard.

3. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, Michele Gabriele, :)

I dropped 10.6 support due to the limitation mentioned in this Q&A: https://stackoverflow.com/questions...rt-for-mac-os-x-10-6-deployment-using-xcode-4
    I think we can overcome the limitation with the answer to the question. I will try to support 10.6 for across to work. And... I can do it!

In the mean time, please use the old 1.30 version on BOTH mac's. If you are unable to discover the Across Server, please try the following:
    1. Remove all BT devices pairing
    2. sudo rm -f /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist*
    3. sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.blued.plist
    4. sudo rm -f /var/root/Library/Preferences/blued.plist*
    5. sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.blued.plist
    6. reboot

4. Michele Gabriele

Hi,

ok i did, with same version of across 1.30 on client and on server;

i had also to connect again mouse, keyboard and trackpad on the client;

scenario seems to be the same again:

- on the server
    scatto_4.jpg

- on the client
    scatto_3.jpg

- if i drag the imac in a position it became greyed, and it is not usable
    scatto_5.jpg

after that i also tried to remove again the device from each other and now cannot neither pairing;

i'm really sad that i cannot use yet this application;

regards

Michele Gabriele
    Ancona - Italy

5. Michele Gabriele

Do i need to find a macbook air with a most recent version of the OS 10.6 or with the same OS version 10.11 of the imac to use again as keyboard and touchpad for the imac?

6. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, Michele,

I don't think so. 10.6.8 is the last version for SL. Have you been using the v1.30 without the issue?

Regarding support our new version in SL, I wrestled with the issue during weekend, but unfortunately failed to run the V2 in SL. The guy in the Q&A linked above seems like to say a C++ only app. I succeeded in compile and library load, but it crashes. I think the LLVM version of clang would not support Objective-C++11. I am really eager to support for SL, but sorry.

7. Michele Gabriele

Hi Seungjin,

I have been using the v1.30 between the macbook air with 10.6.8 and the imac with the same Snow Leopard version, without problems;

but i arrived at time that i had to update (at least) the imac: to update browsers to newest versions and some other software that where not compatible with the old OSX version;

i could not upgrade the 11" macbook air because it has basic hardware, but it is not so important for me because i use it only as keyboard and trackpad for the imac or some other simple operations;

so i hope to find a way to continue using the across software from the macbook air with SL to the imac with EC;

regards

Michele
    Ancona (Italy)

8. Michele Gabriele

Hi Seungjin,

i had a lucky strike, i discovered that my old macbook air could be updated, also if the standard update did not give me the possibility

i found the update package to lion 10.7 i updated and after that i did some more update and now i am on 10.7.5

with the latest version on imac and macbook air the program start working again, or at least it seems :p

i am really happy cause for healty problems i have enourmous difficulties in moving arms and it is better for me to use keyboard and trackpad configuration of the air to control the imac instaed of a mouse+keyboard or also mouse+trackpad; the air is perfect cause i have not to move to much my arms;

and it is also a lucky strike for you because on march is ending my year licence that i'll renew ^_^

regards.

Michele Gabriele
    Ancona - Italy

9. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

SUPER Cooooooooool!

As you are one of our best users, I'm really happy that you can use the new version of across. Including the features you told, you can copy files, and patedboard data (text, image, ...) between Mac's through network connection.
    The updated version of across will be available soon. The biggest change in the new version will be our license policy and you will be satisfied with the new policy. :)