1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

switching to client after switching to server yields a dimmed option #macos

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by Sarah Alawami, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Sarah Alawami

Sarah Alawami New Member

If I switch the mac client to server by accident I find that the switch to client is grayed out.. This on the latest version for mac and running

ProductName: Mac OS X

ProductVersion: 10.15.1

BuildVersion: 19B77a

1. Launch across.app

2. Switch to the server mode by clicking on extras then across and switch to server

3. Click on switch to client and find it is dimmed. A reinstall fixes it but this is not ideal, as I'll lose pretty much all of my settings such as they are.

Hope this can be looked into.

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, Sarah Alawami,

Thanks for your interest in our across.
    Have you already read our manual: http://www.acrosscenter.com/manual/install-remove-osx?
    Hope it helps.

3. Sarah Alawami

Sarah Alawami New Member

Thanks. Well that was fun. My open SSL was out of date. I tried to read the manual but it really does not go into much detail on much of anything, just Succinct instructions which for a beginner of the app I'm not impressed about so far. I'm a computer techie kind of person but this is having me pull my hair out, see the other post I did earlier this morning. Sorry about being upset, I ease up for. along time trying to get this thing running on my windows and mac machines

Thanks and will give all of this a try later tonight.