1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 8.1 Update 2: "Failed in connecting Bluetooth HID profile"

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by Daniel Sokolowski, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Daniel Sokolowski

Daniel Sokolowski New Member

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hello Daniel Sokolowski,

Do you know what Bluetooth chipset is in your PC? I mean CSR, Broadcom or other?

3. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

For your reference, we have been finding and fixing several severe bugs. The next updated version will be much much reliable and be available within some weeks.

4. Daniel Sokolowski

Thank you for the response, I have updated the phone to Windows 10 Mobile but issue still persists. The built in Bluetooth hardware is: Apple Broadcom Built-in Bluetooth Properties, Hardware Ids: USB\VID_05AC&PID_8290&REV_0114 (the laptop is Mac AirPro running Windows 10 OS)

5. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hello Daniel Sokolowski,

Thanks for your confirmation. From the next version, Across will not check the HID connection to pair with a client device. We have a plan to release a beta version to test our Across in Windows phones. Please help me at that time. The beta version will be available within some (~3) weeks.

Edit: I will prepare the beta version within some hours and leave a link to download it.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  6. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

7. László Bercsényi

László Bercsényi New Member

Good Afternoon Gentlemen!

I was planning to buy this app i think this way is very innovativ and missed nowadays from the stores...
    Before some months i was trying with my Galaxy note 3, note 4 ShareKM and Synergy in Windows - Android category.
    My main aim was to take control on games with my laptop's Keyboard and mouse and stream the screen also onto the bigger one from the phone.

Now on Huwei Mate 8 and windows 10 its seems to succesfull BUT Im using Your BETA You Posted upper!!!!!!!!!
    With the original its not possible i get the same error screen about my Huawei dont have this bluetooth HID support...

The phone is the International 32gb/3gb Mate 8:
    ( " Bluetooth v4.2, A2DP, EDR, LE " )
    http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_mate_8-7239.php

Laptop bluetooth:
    Bus 2, Device 0, Function 1 Ralink RT3290 PCI-E Bluetooth Module

Soo keep it up guys, would be good to see the team and the room where it all was developed!

Chiao

8. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, László Bercsényi,

Welcome to Across Center and thanks for your test!

By the way, does that you succeeded mean whether Across works properly or you succeeded just in pairing?

9. László Bercsényi

László Bercsényi New Member

Works perfectly!
    Not just pairing, but everything.

10. Daniel Sokolowski

I am able to pair with the phone, using the BETA release, however HID is not connected - is there a definitive way to confirm HID is enabled on the phone in Windows 10 Mobile (OS Build 10.0.10586.107) Service provider AT&T?

[​IMG]

11. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi Daniel,

1. Have you located the phone icon to the "Client Devices Layout" area on the right?

2. After locating the icon, right-click it and click "Connect"-item from the popup menu.

12. Daniel Sokolowski

Yes, the phone is 'grayed out' and the option to connect as well. On my phone I can see my laptop and when I select to connect to it. It says 'Connected' then after a two seconds switches back to 'Paried'.

13. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

1. Locate the phone icon to the "Client Devices Layout" area on the right and then click "Apply"-Button.
    2. Right-click the icon and click the "Connect"-item from the popup menu.

The connection requests from your phone won't work. You should try to connect to your phone in the Across Center.

14. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

For your reference, here in Korea, nearly nobody is using Windows phone and even there is no place to sell Windows phones. We should order it from oversea to test Windows phone. :(

15. Daniel Sokolowski

I apologize for missing the obvious steps, however that still does not work, when I press 'Connect' my phone status shows a bluetooth connection. But in Across Center the phone icon stays grayed out and the Connection Status both for HID and RFCOMM shows not connected. Eventually few seconds or so - the bluetooth connection stops and phone just shows the device as 'Paired'.

16. Daniel Sokolowski

If you there is any debug logs I can proivde please advise and I will do so.

17. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Sorry to hear that. There is no logs. I think we must get a Windows phone before the next version release.
    By the way, thanks a lot for your test. :)

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  18. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  19. Wiley Marques

Wiley Marques New Member

Any news regarding this isse? I'm also not able to connect it to my Lumia 950.

20. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member