1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mac Host - No Keyboard Input

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by sp26, Nov 30, 2018.

1. sp26

sp26 New Member

I have Across 1.4.0 running on my Mac (10.14) as the Host. My Windows 10 machine is the client. I am able to move the mouse to the Windows machine and interact, but the keyboard does not work. The keyboard input stays on the Mac, even when the Windows machine has the mouse. Is this a known issue?

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, No, you are the first user reporting the symptom.

3. sp26

sp26 New Member

Do you have any suggestions or do you need any debugging information? I recently bought the license and would really like to utilize the software...

4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

You are experiencing the symptom but you purchased the license?
    Please let me know the first two digits of your product key.

5. sp26

sp26 New Member

First 2 is 'XT' - Expires Nov 14, 2019.

6. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Sorry for my misunderstanding. The only reason I can think is the case when a security SW such as anti-keylogger is blocking Across from redirecting keyboard inputs to your client device. If a security SW is installed in your server Mac, please try to remove it and see how Across works. When it would be the case you are experiencing, reinstall the security SW and configure it to allow key input redirecting.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  7. Ed Mallard

Ed Mallard New Member

I have the same setup. Across was working fine for a few weeks after purchase. Yesterday I started having this same problem. Mouse would move between screens, but keyboard would not work. I tried removing and re-pairing the devices, but the behavior did not change. I am not running any security software or anti-keylogger. My Mac is running OSX 10.11.6, and my PC is running Windows 10 with updates enabled.

8. sp26

sp26 New Member

Sorry for the late reply, but disabling my Mac's AV did not resolve the problem. Is it possible to try switching the Host to the Windows machine or will I need to buy a new license?

9. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

@sp26,
    Recent apps are working with GUI + background process model, and then disabling your AV could not disable it fully. The most sure way is to remove it from your Mac. Please check how it works after removing the AV and if it is the real source of your problem, reinstall the AV and configure it as to allow other app (Across) to get keyboard data.

I think the AV may be the deal breaker, since the symptom is reported by only you.

Sure, you can switch the Host to server. If you want to switch your license to Windows version, I will issue a new Windows key after revoking the macOS key.

10. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hello Ed Mallard, Sorry for this late reply.

Do you mean whether not keyboard working is for all keys or some keys (like Q,W,E,I,O,P)? If some keys stopped working, please try to deactivate your product key and activate it again in the License Manager. Your license could sometimes be deactivated automatically by an error.

11. Ed Mallard

Ed Mallard New Member

Keyboard is not working for any keys. My Mac desktop is the server, my Windows laptop is the client. I am able to use my mouse on the client, but if I hit Alt-Tab, the keyboard input still goes to the server.

I'll also note I've tried removing the pairing from both devices, then re-pairing through Across. I have also rebooted both devices multiple times. The main difference here between my issue and the other poster here is that I did have Across working for several weeks before I lost keyboard functionality.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  12. sp26

sp26 New Member

I was able to get this resolved. It turns out my AV has a "Secure Keyboard Entry" component that is on even with the AV disabled. Once I turned that off Across is working again. Thank you!

13. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

I am afraid that your problem come from a similar issue from sp26. That is, another app may be preventing Across from getting keyboard data. If you had installed a new app or updated an app, it could be the source of the problem.