1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless Mouse Lag on client device

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by sormaz, Jul 10, 2019.

1. sormaz

sormaz New Member

I have a 2.4Ghz mouse (with dedicated receiver plugged into my server mode computer).

When used on my client device (work laptop) there is significant mouse lag. I experience no lag using a wired mouse (also plugged into server device)

Please let me know if there is any way to fix this.

Thanks

2. sormaz

sormaz New Member

I believe I have narrowed down the issue. The mouse I have is a gaming mouse with polling rate at 1000hz. if I lower this to 125hz, then I do not experience as much lag when on the client computer.

This is still annoying, as I have to manually change the polling rate when I use my work laptop. I'd like to keep it at 1000Hz for gaming.
    If there is a way to make the software more tolerant that would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I do want to say that I am still very satisfied with this software. I was not able to find a hardware solution for my problem (KVM's are so bulky and expensive, USB sharing hubs are not very nice and lots of wires) when I stumbled upon Across. Really awesome stuff, so thank you for developing it (and I'm happy to pay the small yearly fee).

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  3. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Please try with the latest version. If you want to resample Bluetooth report, click "Configuration" > "Resample Bluetooth report" from the main menu. Its check status of the menu item displays the current status whether resample BT report or not.

4. sormaz

sormaz New Member

Hello, I updated to the latest version and am still experiencing the same issue. When my mouse is set to 250, 500, or 1000hz polling rate there is significant lag on the client device. with the mouse set at 125hz there is not perceptible lag

5. sormaz

sormaz New Member

Today I tried troubleshooting by installing different drivers (WIDCOMM).

I could not get this to work so I reverted back to the "Generic Bluetooth Adapter" Driver.
    However now, I am not able to get the client to show as "connected"

I've attached a bunch of screenshots of the client. Do you have any suggestions on how to resolve this?

My server name is PHNX1.

What drivers should be used for "CDP" and "PHNX1 Across"??
    Also is it correct that "PHNX1 is showing with no driver??

bt.png
    hid.png
    nt.png
    od.png

bthid.png phnx1dr.png

phnx1.png phnx1p.png phnx1p2.png

6. sormaz

sormaz New Member

To continue troubleshooting, today I also tried to use my personal laptop with integrated bluetooth (previously using work laptop with usb dongle) as well as my phone (samsung s9+) as a client.

I could not get either to work.

This leads me to believe it is a server issue.

On the server side I have tried uninstalling Across, all BT drivers, restart, reinstall etc to no avail.

Also have noticed that I need to toggle BT off and on then click Pairing quickly otherwise it will not work (Error Code 7)

I'm afraid the software is completely broken now. Do you have any suggestions?

Server info:
    Windows 10 Home
    Version 1809
    OS build 17763.615

Untitled.png

Thanks,

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  7. sormaz

sormaz New Member

SOLVED!

I feel very stupid, but I will post this here, hopefully it helps others.

I was failing to click "Apply" (Next to "Revert") after placing my client in the "client devices layout" area. Apparently this is important!

8. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, sormaz,

Regarding polling rate, please try with the latest version of across (released today). We don't have a high resolution mouse and therefore didn't test physically with it. Fortunately, I got to know there is no need to have it to test.
    The latest version will re-sample Bluetooth reports correctly.
    If you have any further issues, please feel free to let us know.
    Thank you! ;)

Edit: Please don't forget the configuration:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  9. sormaz

sormaz New Member

Awesome, yes with 2.08 and resample bluetooth selected, it is very smooth even at 1000Hz!

Thanks so much

10. Andrew Anderson

Andrew Anderson New Member

Hello,
    I am having the same issue with connecting to my iPad Pro 2021 Model. If I set my mouse to 1000Hz then the screens mouse is super slow and laggy. If I reduce it down to 125Hz then it becomes a lot more responsive but its still not as smooth as it would be if 1000Hz was working. Any ideas onto what this can be?

Sincereley,
    Andrew

11. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi,
    Please refer to the following mentioned in our manual:
    ===
    Resampling Bluetooth HID reports: The Bluetooth data transfer rate is not so high to transfer data of a high-resolution mouse having a report rate above 125Hz. Therefore, if you are using a high-resolution mouse having a report rate above 125Hz in the across Server computer, across has to resample data from the mouse to Bluetooth reports with 125Hz. For across to resample mouse data, leave the [Resample Bluetooth reports]-item checked like the below picture. However, this check for a general mouse of 125Hz report rate will introduce 8-ms delay at worst. So, leave it unchecked for a general mouse of 125Hz report rate.

[​IMG]
    ===

I hope it helps. Thank you.

12. Andrew Anderson

Andrew Anderson New Member

I have checked that but unfortunately it does not change the situation :(