1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automate a client with a script on a server?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Placid, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Placid

Placid New Member

I am trying to control the client computer through the "bt keyboard" that across creates.
    So far I've tried AutoHotKey script like:
    Send {RControl Down}
    Send {LControl Down"
    Sleep 100
    Send {LControl Up}
    Send {RControl Up}
    Send test_test

Unfortunately, across does not react to the script execution, and input is not switched to the client computer.

Are there any means to send keystrokes to another computer via across programmatically, i.e. via some scripting app (AutoIt, AutoHotKey) or via some API?

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi Placid,

Thanks for your interest in our Across.

No. Across doesn't support the feature. I am afraid the feature could impose security issues on Across.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  3. azowux

azowux New Member

Across is the thing! It's the only software I've tried that successfully lets me have mirrored keyboard tweaks & remapping scripts on server & client machine. Sending input switch hotkey is I dunno how to implement, guess writing out a separate driver for it. However AHK can move your mouse to the edge, from where you'll need a little gesture to switch. It's super easy on my trackpad. Have a mouse watcher on client machine. Make it activate the topmost window in case mouse has been moved after it staying idle for long or make it activate the window that's right under mouse. Thing is, Across lets AHK differentiate server/client cursor location, it has a weird distinct ahk_class which stays the same on both server and client in case cursor is not on currently script running machine. You might build very useful tools based on that. Lemme know if you need help with that.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi,

I don't know what AHK does and so can't understand what you are saying.
    Could you please tell me what you want in detail?
    Thanks in advance. :)