1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't connect to android tablet

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by neo, Feb 17, 2021.

1. neo

neo New Member

Hey,
    I am running the trial version of across on linux machine (Linuxmint). I got the programming running and it works with my android smartphone (pc as a server, phone as a client). However, if I try to do the same with my tablet it fails... The problem occurs during pairing in the across center view. Sometimes there is written failed to connect sometimes it kind of pairs (asking for the key on both screens). Then on my tablet it shows that a connection has been established but it does not show up in the paired devices list in the across center. (Using as a keyboard is not turned on under the devices options in the android bluetooth settings).
    Can anybody help with that?

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi, neo, (The Matrix has you...Follow the white rabbit...:rolleyes:)

When I meet the similar symptoms, I try the following measures step by step.
    1. Remove BT pairing of the partner device in each device BT Manager. And then try to pair. If it does not work, go to the next step.
    2. Remove BT pairing of the partner device in each device BT Manager, again. Reboot both devices. And then try to pair. I think I have not experienced the case of error at the moment.

Please try to turn it on and see if it works.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  3. neo

neo New Member

Hey Seungjin,
    thank you for your quick response!
    I tried both of your suggestions, but didn't work.
    After the failed pairing process both devices appear in each other paired(/known) devices list but somehow it is not possible to establish a connection. I once got a error message from across center: error -1.

I can't. I can turn the switch to on, but it should turn it's color from grey to blue but it stays grey and after a while even switches back to off... As I understand it this are the option of the paried device but it must be connected to configure them.

I have no clue how to go on...

Alex Lee likes this.
  4. lotusaurus

lotusaurus New Member

Hello, I had a similar problem trying to pair my Windows 10 PC to my Android tablet. The solution is to follow the Manual (not being sarcastic here!), which, while clear, is not intuitive.

On the server PC, when you open Across Center and click on Add under Bluetooth pairing, you get a timed bar that runs down. At first, I thought it was searching for my tablet. In fact, it is making the PC discoverable from the tablet. On the tablet, I see the name of my PC, but next to it is a keyboard icon. I click on that on the tablet and complete the pairing. Then in Across Center a dialogue window pops up letting you choose the icon to use for your device. Once you select that the device appears under Paired Devices and you can drag it to the desired position in the Client Devices Layout.

5. Alex Lee

Alex Lee New Member

I have a same issue here. The critical point is that the BT device option on my Android tablet did not appear as a keyboard but as a computer.

I have no clue how to go on, too...
    And I just paid for it. Need help!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
  6. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hello, Alex Lee,

You have to pair them by pressing the "Add" button in the Across Center. Unfortunately, despite of it, you could not pair them because of the macOS Bluetooth issues on macOS 12 and later -- mentioned in our release note:
    If you want to get refunded, just request us to refund by Contact Us.
    Thank you.

Alex Lee likes this.
  7. Alex Lee

Alex Lee New Member

Thank you so much! I will be back once Apple has solved this.