1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two problems...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crossplatypus, Jul 2, 2019.

1. crossplatypus

crossplatypus New Member

First problem is that after pairing, I can move the pointer onto the Android device but I can't move it back to the Windows 8.1 laptop. The arrangement appears to be correct and it does work as expected when moving pointer from PC to Android. Just can't go back. It's like a point Roach Motel. Pointers check in, but they can't check out.

The second problem is that two finger scrolling on my PC touchpad doesn't scroll windows on my phone.

I am using a Samsung S8 with Android 9 and a Samsung Dex docking station for the phone and a Samsung monitor connected to the Dex via HDMI.

Also, after pairing, only my phone shows the pairing. The Across app on my PC doesn't show any pairing. Yet pointer and keyboard work on the phone.

2. crossplatypus

crossplatypus New Member

Please disregard the last line. I forgot that after pairing, the device shows up under "Paired", but then you move it over to the arrangement section and it no longer shows up as paired.

Still can't do two finger scroll on touch pad or get pointed back on PC desktop after moving it onto Android desktop.

3. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Hi,

1. Have you installed the Across Client app in your phone?

2. Some android apps would not get mouse wheel data. For example, while mouse wheel works well in Chrome, Google Docs does not get wheel data.

4. crossplatypus

crossplatypus New Member

Yes I have the Across Client app on my phone.

When I try running the Across server on Mac, the Android app on my phone says "Bluetooth Not Connected" even when phone and Mac are paired in the Bluetooth control panel. However, it only shows "Internet Connection" as a service, not "Input device".

Just retried it with Windows 8.1 and the phone app crashes frequently. But I am able to reproduce the original problem where the pointer can move onto the phone, but can't return to the Windows screen.

5. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Where did you check that?

The updated version of the phone app is available and please retry with the updated version.

6. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

For your reference, all across versions are updated to version 2.05.

7. crossplatypus

crossplatypus New Member

I have the latest android app as of Jul 3

8. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

You can check the latest version for each OS. The latest version of Across Client for android is 2.06.