1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

every option are greyed out

Discussion in 'Questions and Support' started by Pierrick Charlebois, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Pierrick Charlebois

Pierrick Charlebois New Member

I'm trying out across on a trial licence, installed it on MacOS and EVERY option in the menu are greyed out except "exit" "display Bluetooth Devices" and "hide the dock icon" and I can't manage to open a main window for the program. what am I missing?

Attached Files:

2. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

3. Pierrick Charlebois

Good idea to add it in the manual, I did look into it for a solution first. I also checked in the accessibility menu since some software put themselves there automatically and we just need to authorize them, I dint think of adding it manually.

Sadly, it doesn't work, tried it twice, with reboots, on two different computers.

4. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

There are some complex caveats around the subject. Shortly, For it, it needs app notarization which in turn needs app binary and libraries must be hardened (signed). If an app meet the requirement, app can be notarized by apple. Otherwise, you need to add it manually.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  5. Pierrick Charlebois

and any idea what to do when adding it manually doesn't work?

6. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Please make sure that acrossd is listed in the Accessibility list and its checkbox is checked state.
    Also, I think acrossd doesn't seem to be running in your case. Please try the following commands in Terminal:
    Forceful Kill: sudo killall -9 acrossd
    acrossd Daemon Unload: sudo launchctl unload -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.clixon.acrossd.plist
    acrossd Daemon Load: sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.clixon.acrossd.plist

And then check if acrossd is running in Activity Monitor or by "ps -a" command from Terminal.

7. Pierrick Charlebois

Indeed the daemon is not running, I checked before and after the commands you proposed and its not running.

so I tried to run it manually and I got this library error

pierrick@MacBook-Pro-de-Pierrick ~ % sudo /usr/local/sbin/acrossd

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/openssl/lib/libssl.1.0.0.dylib

Referenced from: /usr/local/sbin/acrossd

Reason: image not found

zsh: abort sudo /usr/local/sbin/acrossd

8. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Got to know what the problem is. :( Sorry about the issue. I'll come back with resolution asap.

9. Pierrick Charlebois

i fixed it by installing homebrew and installing libssl that way. it dint work at first after starting acrossd manually, (no more error message but dint work anyway) but a reboot made it work after that. so great news, it work! although the mouse is VERY laggy on my iPad 6th gen, is it part of the trial limitations? it dint mention anything like that, but it feels strange considering that sidecar is actually so fluid that I can game on my iPad screen, I doubt its the network.

10. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

You're right. For other users reference, you can resolve this issue with installing openssl manually by referring this site: http://macappstore.org/openssl/

11. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

No, it is not limitation. I don't know why but will look into the issue.

BT data transfer rate is too slow to work for application like sidecar which definitely use wifi.

12. Pierrick Charlebois

Right, I forgot this software use bluetooth and not wifi for a second. on the other hand, I did plug the same mouse directly over bluetooth to the iPad and it was lag-free. Also tried with a usb mouse and its the same. after some tweaking its not THAT bad, but there's still room for improvement.

Either way thank you so much for your help with my initial problem!

13. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

Could you please test it with across for Windows if a PC available? Thanks in advance.

14. Pierrick Charlebois

Well I could test it out on Linux, if there would be a linux version...

15. Seungjin Lee

Seungjin Lee Member

@Pierrick Charlebois, Please try with the updated version (v.2.03) available from our download page. Thanks in advance.